Contact Me See

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student: Wendy Drexler
In this video, I found it very formative and creative. This video shows that when teachers decides to let their students to use internet resources, which will affect their learning more efficient. Future educators need to help students learn through technology, also exceed students learning skills. I like the idea of technology because there are so many things we can use to help improve learning styles for students as well as teaching styles for educators. For example, in this EDM class we learn how to create blogs and read other people blogs to understand and gather more information most people are not aware of. Technology is a wonderful resource but I also think that teacher to student’s classroom is completely required. Why? Because many students are not in the same paste as others therefore, teachers need to be in classroom to physically lecture the lesson. Some students have different ways of learning and memorizing that is the reason why having teachers in classroom is also a great resource to have as well. I understand that technology changes every day and everybody need to be updated regarding to the changes, but there are many people still disagree with the fact that we should completely depending on technology. We need to emphasize what exactly our students need and how can we do to help improve their education. I solely believe that teaching in class with a little of technology is great but if we were to completely depending on technology, I disagree.



A 7th Graders PLE:
This is amazing! This is my first time hear of PLNS in this video. These seventh grader students present a social bookmarking which links to their class website. In this video, the students providing information like videos and articles that could help them with school assignments. The teachers would provide assignments that are due on certain days and the students have to complete their own assignments on time. This reminds me of my EDM310 class, I basically does the same exact things like the students in this class. I think this is a wonderful course because this will promote students to learn at their own pastes and also have responsibility to complete their assignments. If you would like to see this video, you can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEls3tq5wIY.


this is my blog post #6


Is Smart Boards beneficial?
Smart boards are wonderful tools to use to lecture lessons in classrooms. It provide useful sources, like teachers can just tap a button in front of the class and it would allow speaking out. I really like this equipment because I go to my field experience every week and we would use it to motivate students to learn! Especially kindergarten students in my classroom, I noticed that they love the smart board because in all of the activities we do in class this is the most effective tool which would draws students attention to participate. Smart boards are very impressive due to the fact that it has so many features as motivators to help our students participate. Although, this is a great resource for the school to use however it could be very expensive. Many schools still don’t have this kind of technology in every classroom yet. But I think this would be very beneficial for every students, it helps motivate students to participate and pay more attention to the lesson. I found this video on YouTube which explain how it is easy to use and helpful for educators to use. If you would like to see this video, click here

2 comments:

  1. I think of the way that some teachers teach today. They seem like if they lose all control of there classroom then they are not in control at all. I fill as you do that if we keep technology in schools and work at instructing students then they will grow up and help the world more then without it.

    It was my first with a PLN also and that would be great once we get completely into our PLN. I have the idea that if you give students responsibility then they will succeed more in life, because that is what they have to be in college and in the workforce.

    I think smart boards are a great tool even though I do not think I will be using them to much because I am a physical education major. If I was a regular teacher no matter what class I would use than more until something better came out I could use. Some teachers don’t use the smart boards because they aren’t trained to but they should get training to use them then. I am sure as a football coach I will have something that I could use that is like a smart board in athletics for my student athletes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoan, this is a very good post, but please be on time with your assigned posts. Your summaries and opinions are great.

    ReplyDelete