Contact Me See

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog Post #12



I found this video on YouTube and I thought it is very interesting to watch. If you would like to watch please click on the link above.

This week I found this video which reflecting many things I have done in my EDM-310 class. This video has provided the information about the benefits of technology and how technology will be part of everyone’s lives. We need to understand that technology has become so advance and has a traumatic change in the recent years. Before it just a normal thing but now everyone needs to expand their technology knowledge. Children are learning about technology in schools at very young age. From my field experience in my Human Growth and Development course, when I go out to the school for my observation I do noticed that my Kindergarten are using computers and smart boards in their classrooms. I think this is a great way to start helping our children to learn at young age and be more advance in the future as they moving forward throughout their school time. It is amazing how these kids can remember how to use certain programs that they are supposed to complete and what really surprising me is that for kindergarten which are only 5 or 6 years old and they are using technology already.
This is one of the reasons why I thought this video is a great example regarding to the fact that it shows us that everywhere we go we are consuming technology; such as cell phones, computers, cars, laptops, and etc. Our daily lives are all about technology. One thing that this video points out which I really like is that it has shown that social networks and certain websites that many people use every day to get information and I thought that it’s so true because some people may not realized that their kids are consuming technology while being online or on school. This video state that everyone needs to learn how technology, and be open to the new world because if you don’t know anything about technology, eventually you will be behind. Therefore, learning more about technology is never wrong but actually building a foundation in every future students.

2 comments:

  1. Hoan,

    This was an interesting video to watch, and I agree that technology has consumed or world. Since this video is on technology in the classroom, I think it fits perfectly into this class. You have made some great points in your post, but I was not clear of the assignment. I suppose you want people to watch this video and respond to it, but you need some clear directions for your assignment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hoan,

    I enjoyed watching the video. Technology is used more and and more in the classroom. My teacher, Mrs. Yollis is very technology oriented, and she uses it very often in her teaching.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog.

    I am really glad that you are considering growing your hair to perhaps donate it in the future! I really hope that you do, it's such a rewarding experience!

    I hope you visit my blog again, as I will be visiting yours.

    Sincerely,
    Hannah
    (Mrs. Yollis' class)

    ReplyDelete