Contact Me See

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Special Assignment-Metaphors

special assignment


Recently I have read Tom Johnson’s post “Don’t Let Them Take Pencils Home”. Apparently, I missed the whole metaphor; I thought that this is about how one teacher is talking about the bad effect of pencils in the school system. When I read the blog post I immediately think that why are the pencils involve with the students learning ability? And the pencil has made me jump into the conclusion too soon which is the reason why I missed the metaphor.
Now I know that this is all about technology learning experience. Metaphors expand our thinking and as well as the students. Metaphors helps enhance the students learning ability more effectively. Also, teachers can help their students to understand by show them some examples of the metaphors. Such as movies, show on TV, literatures, and etc. Which are the daily metaphors we used. Metaphors is visual and expressive language.
I remember during my elementary school or perhaps in middle schools, I can relate to things and remember it more clearly, thanks to metaphors. Such as homophones which children are learning in school. Metaphors help expand our knowledge and enhance our understanding. I think that teachers will benefits from the use of metaphors to connect with their students more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment